Vision, Mission and Strategic Objectives
Safe and sustainable lives through understanding our interconnectedness with nature.
- Community empowerment - 'Help people help themselves' through the provision of relevant information, demonstrations and training
- Community resilience - Assist communities that are vulnerable to disaster to develop resilience in a sustainable way
- Disaster relief - Support communities that have been struck by disasters to attain safety and empower them through the recovery process
- Continuous improvement
IDEP's objectives 2008-2013
- Develop a replicable model for community resilience in Indonesia: Curricula - Permaculture, CBDM, Community Resilience for both adults and children; A living model for community resilience
- Deliver training and educational media to communities, especially in disaster prone areas: Establish network of partners; Deliver training; Disseminate related educational media
- Facilitate information flow and support capacity for advocacy: Support information flow between international, national, and community bodies; Support community capacity building for advocacy
- Strengthen local disaster response and recovery.
- Integrate community resilience into recovery and rehabilitation: Deliver appropriate community resilience training and educational media for communities in recovery; Use permaculture to rebuild community resources in a sustainable way